Monday 11 April 2011

Open Studios, Shows and more



So I have just updated my events page on my website so I thought I would put the new dates etc on here too. 

I will start the season with an open studios event which I have collated with members from Northern Potters and friends in conjunction with Craft and Design Magazines National Crafts Month. My studio will be open on Saturday 30th April to Sunday 1st May 11 - 4 and then through the week where possible or by appointment. There is a pdf I can send out to you if you would like to follow the trail across Lancashire.
In June Higherford Mill Artists presents their annual Open Studios Event for the Bowland Arts Festival 2011
Higherford Mill artists will once again open their studios for visitors on the weekend of 4th and 5th June 10am - 4pm but please note I will only be open on the Saturday.

 
On the 5th June  the Sunday I am going to be exhibiting at Holmfirth Art Market for the first time. It opens at 
10am to 4pm at Holmfirth indoor market, HD9 3JU with a £2 entry on the door which included free entry to their fantastic Art Raffle. There are over 80 selected artists and designer-makers all coming together over two weeks in Holmfirth, West Yorkshire to show their most recent work.  Come along and "meet the makers", talk to the artists, find about about them and their work, buy and commission direct.
.
 
The week after I will be at Potfest Scotland from the 10th - 12th June. Which returns to
the Perth area for its 14th year in Scotland. This years show is Potfest at the Palace, in the wonderful grounds of Scone Palace, the home of the Stone of Destiny, the crowning site of former Scottish kings. This years show has a slightly different format, being held in 5 marquees on the lawns in front of the Palace. Entry to the show also includes entry to the Palace grounds and gardens, open 10am - 5pm daily 
 
http://www.potfest.co.uk/potfestscot.htm


And then on to July where I have again been selected to exhibit at Potfest in the Park 29th, 30th, 31st July 2011.
Over 100 exhibitors invited from all over Europe and beyond....all with very distinctive individual styles ....all passionate about working with clay. The venue, Hutton-in-the-Forest, is a cultural destination in itself with it's walled garden, topiary terraces and woodland walks. The ceramics festival takes place in and around marquees in front of the castle, with the potters competition pieces on the lawn, juxtaposing ancient architecture and modern ceramics. Hutton-in-the-Forest lies 5 miles northwest of Penrith, Cumbria
(M6 junction 41) - on the edge of the stunningly beautiful Lake District National Park
(Postcode CA11 9TH for sat navs )
Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday ...10am - 5pm daily
Adults £6. (includes admission to gardens)
Accompanied children free
. Free parking. Refreshments on site

http://www.potfest.co.uk/potfestpark.htm

The last show I think I will be exhibiting at will be Nostalgia Meets Design if I get selected so cross fingers for that one I just need to get my new decals ordered for the photos of childhood memories. Watch this space for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Workshops dates for 2020

Julie Miles Ceramics Courses for 2020     So I am launching my new workshops at long last! So if you fancy having a go, being crea...