Tuesday 11 October 2011

C-Art Fair, Devonshire Arcade, Penrith

So this rainy weekend I spent up in Cumbria with my lovely friend Gwen exhibiting as a precursor to Nostalgia Meets Design in November. On Saturday we went to see her new studio space at Brougham Hall it's looking good so far and I can't wait to see it all finished it is an exciting time for Gwen. I would like to wish her luck with it all. We spent the evening at an event to raise money for Breast Cancer awareness in our cocktail dresses it was fab to go out soo dressed up but strangely felt out of place after in a nightclub! Well you don't normally get to wear evening wear for a night out in Penrith so we thought we should make the effort! No pics I am sad to say but it was a fun night out with a few surprises and naked men I shall say no more but to say we were very well behaved.


Unfortunately the week before the show my kiln is out of action so my lovely new work using my granddads button jar and my nans sewing box as inspiration was not on show still waiting for that all important firing! So I redesigned my stand again with new fabric and plinths hopefully to display work more successfully. Take a look as opinions and constructive criticism are welcomed.



The event was very busy with a selection of Nostalgia stands advertising the event at the George Hotel  with live bands there too to add to the atmosphere. A great day was had by all.



Advert for the Heebie Gee Bees who will give you a vintage make over at NmD.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nostalgia-Meets-Design/103276353054252

Creative Style stand run by Maggie my course leader on my Degree at Cumbria


I thought I would make the effort and was dressed by my stylist Joejoe Hesketh in full on 1940s hat handbag and crochets gloves.

Gwen Bainbridge


looking good, Gwen Bainbridge jewellery 


As it was an Eden Arts event it would of been wrong to not make a pompom sheep for their fantastic 'Flock' a public arts project promoting the wool industry http://www.edenarts.co.uk/flock/ mine was a little scruffy but Sarah who came to see us at the show made a really lovely one and will be sending pics of it on its travels will keep you posted when she does.


And it would be very wrong not to post a pic wouldn't it so here it is! It was lovely to see my snooty fox friend Dylan who was looking as snooty as ever bless him sat between his to besties Gwen and Simon. Ooops I seemed to have missed them off ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Workshops dates for 2020

Julie Miles Ceramics Courses for 2020     So I am launching my new workshops at long last! So if you fancy having a go, being crea...