Wednesday 30 November 2011

Man in a Wall


So this week or so I have been working on a brick commission for some interior designers working on a new Wetherspoons in Dorset.

The piece is based on a Man in a Wall so I am using standard brick facings but 330mm deep in a red Ibstock brick.

 
Planning and designing for the first carving looking at varying depths for each plane or section.



starting to smooth surfaces to differenciate the planes and section.

 
once I was happy with it I sent the pics to the commissiones who wants it to look more abstract.




so we coloured some of the surfaces and receded varing bricks to break up the surface. These can be accentuated when it is brick laid into the wall.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Workshops dates for 2020

Julie Miles Ceramics Courses for 2020     So I am launching my new workshops at long last! So if you fancy having a go, being crea...