Tuesday 27 September 2016

Autumnal colour........oh and bees


 So Autumn is upon us and I had a weekend visiting places to inspire new works. We visited Sizergh Castle gardens and a Green Wood fair with an eye to mixing media together. Its just at the ideas stage so no spoilers yet.










Beautiful maple leaves turning fiery colours in the Japanese gardens  




The Stumpery is very new but looking lovely with its resident nuthatch
which was too fast for me to photograph. 



 Dylans mum putting the hot work into sawdust. 


 So a lovely visit up to Brougham Hall to see some pottery friends there and have a go at Raku firing. I may of planted a seed to get my raku kiln out here too as my final exhibition on my BA was raku and smoke fired pieces I kind of liked setting fire to things.



Then there's this in two weeks Open Studios with Hopeful & Glorious at he Heritage Centre might not have new work ready but its in progress. Exciting times


No comments:

Post a Comment

Workshops dates for 2020

Julie Miles Ceramics Courses for 2020     So I am launching my new workshops at long last! So if you fancy having a go, being crea...