Thursday 11 May 2017

15 year celebrations down at Higherford Mill June 3rd



So how did that happen???? 15 years wow. 

It's actually 20 years next year since I started my business but 2 years of that was spent on the North West Arts Setting Up Scheme at Drumcroon Education Arts Centre in Wigan including a year in Abraham Guest High School in Wigan and 6 month potter in residence at Giggleswick School. 
Then on to Barrowford with 3 months in the Malt Kiln and the rest in the stables at 
Pendle Heritage Centre. 
Phew that was a journey. I moved in to the mill on the 2nd June well I got the keys on the 1st and the lovely Wilf & Pete helped move everything from the stable block to the mill and my mum and I moved it all in on the Saturday, at last a final studio space which what I thought was a couple of years! We opened a bottle of champagne and drank a glass to celebrate and left the cork in the water feature! Well we all used to watch Ground Force didn't we back then. We went home to watch the Queens Golden Jubilee celebrations with my nan and drank the rest of the champagne with her too. 

15 years later I am still here! So anyway wanna come to a party? Anita and I got our keys on the same day and so we are going to have a little shindig with cake and balloons and maybe a sale and a small retrospective in the Atrium space at the mill. 

I'll tell you more soon as we have open studios this weekend for National Mills Weekend so maybe come and say hello then too. 
Will post more too with new work to commemorate the momentous occasion too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Workshops dates for 2020

Julie Miles Ceramics Courses for 2020     So I am launching my new workshops at long last! So if you fancy having a go, being crea...